Featured Post

PINNED POST. CLICK HERE: Keeping these 3 videos of officer-involved domestic violence fatalities on top from now on...

Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1 Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 2 [WA] Tragedy Will Occur If They Don't Have ...

Custom Search

Monday, February 11, 2013

[TX] Deputy Fields and Becky were loved by all.


Collin County Sheriff's Deputy Richard "Dickie" Fields and his wife Rebecca "Becky" Royall Fields died in a fire at their home yesterday. The state fire marshal's office said that the cause of the fire was possibly lightning.


Deputy Fields:
..."I came from an abusive, alcoholic home... When the police came to deal with my father, they always allowed him to keep whatever respect he had left. They inspired me to want to go into law enforcement. Law officers have always been my heroes." [LINK]

The news articles focus on Richard but I know those who lost them feel the grief for and absence of both.

From the Collin County Deputies Association
  • "Sad to report that one of our members has passed away. Collin County Deputy Sheriff Richard Fields and his wife lost their lives in their home last night."
  • [Funeral] Services for Deputy Richard "Dickie" Fields will be held on Friday, February 15th at 2:00pm. They will be held at the First Baptist Church in Leonard, Texas. 100 E Thomas St, Leonard, TX 75452
  • Those wishing to make donations to the family my do so via the  Collin County Deputies Association
[police officer involved domestic violence oidv intimate partner violence ipv abuse law enforcement public safety lethal fatality fatalities accident accidental texas state politics]

2 comments:

  1. To all friends and family, I pray the God of all comfort strengthen you with His presence and bless you with peace that surpasses your understanding during this time of need. God and His love demonstrated thru others is true comfort in our time of need. "Blessed are the peacemakers". God Bless! Pastor Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 11, 2022

    Hi, I am just now learning of my dear friends Dickie and Beckie fields death. I am shocked as I lost touch with them. I searched over the years and knew he was a sheriff. I met them in 1984 when I moved to Texas from NY. I worked with Dickie in Dallas at SMITHCO engineering. We became best friends almost instantly.
    Dickie invited me to dinner at the house and when I sat down to meet his wife Beckie, he went off to take a shower. She immediately went straight to the point... So what religion do you follow? Then Dickie yelled from the bathroom; "Beckie will you leave Joe alone! You just met him! ". From that point on we were best friends.
    I will never forget them both. I loved how much of a 'little devil' Jeremy was with his dimples. Love them all dearly and it will be a while before I get over the shock of knowing they are gone from this world and sitting with God.
    Joe Koronowski

    ReplyDelete

Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.