Featured Post

PINNED POST. CLICK HERE: Keeping these 3 videos of officer-involved domestic violence fatalities on top from now on...

Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1 Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 2 [WA] Tragedy Will Occur If They Don't Have ...

Custom Search

Sunday, May 24, 2009

[MI] Police Chief Josten's domestic assault of his sheriff's deputy wife is not his first assault charge


 [Bloomingdale Police Chief Jon] Josten made an appearance in Allegan District Court on a misemeanor domestic violence charge involving his wife, an Allegan County Sheriff's deputy... Josten was given probation for a similar misdemeanor assault complaint in Portage in 1978...



POLICE CHIEF ARRESTED FOR DOMESTIC ASSAULT
May 22, 2009
The Bloomingdale Police Chief has been arrested by the Allegan County Sheriff's Department. Chief Jon Josten was arrested Friday on a misdemeanor domestic assault charge. He has posted a $500 bond and been released. Details of what led to the arrest have not been released. He will be back in court on May 29th for his arraignment. [LINK]


WRONG SIDE OF THE LAW
May 23, 2009
[Excerpts] ...The apparent victim was his wife, who happens to be a Sheriff’s Deputy. He is free on 500 dollars bond... The court has ordered him to surrender his sidearm while he is on bond which could make it tough for him to do his job. Josten was given probation for a similar misdemeanor assault complaint in Portage in 1978. [Full article here]

BLOOMINGDALE POLICE CHIEF ARRESTED
Charged with midemeanor domestic assault
WOODTV
Friday, 22 May 2009
[Excerpts]bA Van Buren County police chief was arrested Friday morning on a misdemeanor assault charge. The Allegan County Sheriff's Department took Bloomingdale Police Chief John Josten into custody. Josten made an appearance in Allegan District Court on a misemeanor domestic violence charge involving his wife, an Allegan County Sheriff's deputy... The village president today had just heard about the charge and had no comment but said Josten's future as chief is up to the village council. If found guilty Josten could serve a maximum of 93 days in jail. A look at Josten's criminal background reveals an assault conviction in 1978. [Full article here]
[police officer involved domestic violence law enforcement "cop on cop"]

7 comments:

  1. "Some question why Josten kept the job as long as he did -- with a 1978 assault conviction in Portage, and an assault arrest in Barry County five years ago. Details in the 1978 case were not available, though State Police records show he was placed on probation for a year and ordered to pay fines." [WOOD TV. SEPT. 10, 2009]

    ReplyDelete
  2. To "J" who wrote me this morning.
    I deleted about 20 comments.
    Is this better?

    I left the one comment that asks a questions relevant to law and law enforcement.

    NOTICE TO ALL - Chill.

    I won't be letting many messages through to this blog post because they get vicious toward others and Bloomingdale is a small community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To the one who wrote this morning and invited me to the sports event in Bloomingdale... that was very nice of you, but I don't live in your state.
    Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To the person who wrote me this morning, why aren't you in school if you are a kid? Email me here - whether you are really a kid, Josten himself, or someone else. I can't reply to the messages that come to me through the blog and I would like to say something to you about what you said this morning. Regardless of who you are I give you my word that nothing you say to me privately will be made public.
    Email me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never mind. That's not a good idea just in case you really are a minor. I did what you asked though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To the person writing me through the comments, I'm assuming those are comments that you do NOT want me to post. They don't show your email address so I can't reply - .. but I am just letting you know that I am getting them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. John Josten is dead, why do you continue to humilate his family.

    ReplyDelete

Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.