Featured Post

PINNED POST. CLICK HERE: Keeping these 3 videos of officer-involved domestic violence fatalities on top from now on...

Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1 Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 2 [WA] Tragedy Will Occur If They Don't Have ...

Custom Search

Sunday, December 7, 2008

[PA] (RESIGNED OR FIRED?) EX-OFFICER TURKOS GETS PROBATION AND OFFERS ARROGANT APOLOGY

FROM VIDEO:
"...TURKOS' SOON-TO-BE EX WIFE DONNA HOPES THIS STORY GIVES OTHER WOMEN IN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIPS COURAGE TO WALK AWAY AND GET HELP. HER SON WHO WAS ASSAULTED AND WITH HER PLANNED TO READ A VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT BUT SHE SAYS THE JUDGE [SAYS HE] DIDN'T KNOW THAT THEY WERE IN THE BUILDING..."

(I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR
WHAT HER SON
HAD TO SAY.)


TURKOS DOES NOT APOLOGIZE FOR ASSAULTING HIS WIFE OR SON, NOR DOES HE APOLOGIZE FOR THE TERROR HE PERPETRATED TO THE FORMER MEMBERS OF HS OWN FAMILY. INSTEAD HE OFFERS -
AS AN APOLOGY
- THAT HE WAS TOO AMBITIOUS AND THAT HE COULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER HUSBAND AND FRIEND:

IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND THE FULL DEPTH OF TURKOS GETTING PROBATION IT HELPS TO KNOW THESE REPORTED DYNAMICS FROM PREVIOUS NEWS:

MARCH 5, 2008
[PA] OFFICER TURKOS' WIFE HAS A BROKEN ARM. HER SON'S BRUISED, & IN PAIN - ...A DUPONT POLICE OFFICER FACES CHARGES FOR ASSAULTING AND THREATENING TO KILL HIS WIFE AND STEPSON... SHE SUFFERED A BROKEN RIGHT ARM AND BRUISES ON HER LEGS. THE 11-YEAR-OLD COMPLAINED OF PAIN IN HIS ABDOMEN AND NECK... "I AM THE BOSS." HE ALLEGEDLY TOLD HIS WIFE "I WILL CUT YOU OFF AT THE KNEES" AND "I'LL KILL HIM (STEPSON) AND I'LL KILL YOU"... TURKOS IS EXPECTED TO SURRENDER ON THE CHARGES IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. "WE KNOW WHERE HE IS; IT'S NOT LIKE HE'S ON THE RUN"...

June 4, 2008
[PA] OFFICER TURKOS SHAKES OFF FELONY FAMILY ASSAULT CHARGE SINCE WIFE'S BONE DIDN'T SNAP - HIS WIFE, DONNA TURKOS, TESTIFIED THE INCIDENT UNFOLDED AFTER MR. TURKOS ACCUSED HIS STEPSON OF TEASING THEIR 3-YEAR-OLD SON. “DAVID JUST HAULED OFF AND KICKED (HIM) STRAIGHT IN THE STOMACH,” MRS. TURKOS SAID. SHE SAID MR. TURKOS PUSHED HER INTO A WALL, THREATENED TO KILL HER AND LATER “CONTORTED” HER RIGHT ARM, CAUSING EXTREME PAIN. WHEN ARREST PAPERS WERE FILED, IT WAS BELIEVED HER ARM WAS BROKEN, BUT IT WASN’T [???], PROSECUTORS SAID. WHEN SHE WENT TO CALL POLICE, SHE CLAIMED HE SAID, “I AM THE LAW. I’M ABOVE THE LAW. GO AHEAD AND REPORT ME.” MR. TURKOS IS STILL ON THE DUPONT POLICE DEPARTMENT’S ROSTER...
(I CAN'T BEGIN TO IMAGINE ALL THE MOMENTS OF LIVING WITH TURKOS THAT NEVER MADE THE NEWS)

CURRENT NEWS:


COURT BRIEFS

WILKES BARRE TIMES-LEADER, PA
DEC 5, 2008
WILKES-BARRE - A FORMER DUPONT POLICE OFFICER WAS SENTENCED IN LUZERNE COUNTY COURT OF COMMON PLEAS ON FRIDAY ON CHARGES OF ASSAULTING HIS WIFE AND STEPSON. DAVID ANDREW TURKOS, 36, PLEADED GUILTY TO TWO MISDEMEANOR COUNTS OF SIMPLE ASSAULT AND A SINGLE SUMMARY COUNT OF HARASSMENT. PRESIDENT JUDGE MARK A.. CIAVARELLA SENTENCED TURKOS TO SIX MONTHS PROBATION. TURKOS WAS ALSO FINED $100 AND ORDERED TO PAY $2,732 IN RESTITUTION... [FULL ARTICLE HERE]

FORMER COP PLEADS GUILTY TO ASSAULTING WIFE AND STEP-SON
REPORTED BY: KYLA CAMPBELL
WBRE EYEWITNESS NEWS
PAHOMEPAGE.COM
FRIDAY, DEC 5, 2008
WILKES-BARRE, LUZERNE COUNTY -- DAVID TURKOS WAS A PART-TIME DUPONT POLICE OFFICER IN MARCH WHEN HIS WIFE CALLED POLICE TO STAY HE ASSAULTED HER AND KICKED HER SON. FRIDAY, HE PLEADED GUILTY TO SIMPLE ASSAULT AND HARASSMENT. IN AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH TURKOS IN COURT AT PENN PLACE FRIDAY, HE APOLOGIZED, SAYING, "I PUT MY OWN AMBITIONS AHEAD OF MY FAMILY. COULD I HAVE BEEN A BETTER HUSBAND? OF COURSE. COULD I HAVE BEEN A BETTER FRIEND? OF COURSE. I TAKE RESPONSIBILITY IN THAT FACT." BUT TURKOS'S SOON-TO-BE EX-WIFE, DONNA, DOESN'T BELIEVE HE'S TRULY REMORSEFUL. SHE SAYS SHE HOPES THE PUBLICITY OF THIS CASE WILL HELP WOMEN IN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIPS GET OUT AND GET HELP. DONNA'S ARM WAS BROKEN, AND HER NOW 12-YEAR-OLD SON WAS KICKED IN THE STOMACH -- BOTH BY TURKOS. TURKOS LOST HIS JOB WITH THE POLICE DEPARTMENT AFTER THE INCIDENT. "I LOST MY JOB, AND THAT'S FINE," SAID TURKOS. "BUT I LOST MY FAMILY, AND I HAVE TO LIVE WITH THAT." TURKOS WAS SENTENCED TO SIX MONTHS PROBATION AND HAS TO PAY FINES TOTALING ABOUT $3,000. THE VICTIMS HAVE A PROTECTION FROM ABUSE ORDER AGAINST HIM. [LINK]
[POLICE OFFICER INVOLVED PERPETRATED DOMESTIC VIOLENCE LAW ENFORCEMENT ]

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to take the time to let those that are curious know what my family and I have been through.I'm the stepson of David Turkos. Because of his treatment of me and my family especially my mom, I now pretty much dislike all cops. I figure that they are all cruel mentally impaired monsters like my former"Dad". You see he was very much my dad to me .My real dad lives far away and doesn't see me often. Mom and I met him when I was only 4. Right away I liked him, and he really seemed to like me. He treated me and mom very well, took us to lots of places, bought me and mom stuff and was really great to us. He made me feel like I was his real kid and treated mom like she was the princess I thought she was.But after mom married dad, it all changed. He started yelling at mom a lot,cursing at her,calling her bad names and I heard it all. About a month later the best dad was becoming mean to me too. Mom then had a baby, my little brother around Easter that year and he got even worse yet yelling at us ,scaring us,breaking things and threatening to hurt my mom a lot. Sometimes he was nice to us and I wish he stayed that way but it didn't last.I thought he killed my mom one time. He choked her in front of us until she passed out when my mom was pregnant with my youngest brother and I was crying over her because she didn't get up right away. He kept saying she should die because she was nothing to him. But she was someone to us . She always stuck up for us when he started saying meanthings and then he would get very angry at her for it. Sometimes we seen him throw her around the room and put her in holds like you see cops do with criminals and say he's taking all of us away from her because I think he knew that mom cared more for us then him.He would say he was going to kill mom and we would never see her again and he's a cop. Nothing will happen to him. I hate him for all that he's done .The papers had most of the story right except that my youngest brother 4 ,of the two got slapped really hard in the face by dad. The little guy does'nt really know what's going on because he's autistic and does not understand a lot of things. Everyone forgot that even though my 6 year old brother did not get hit ,he hid, he still has bad nightmares and is never the same like the rest of us. We are all afraid of cops still and we get therapy. But all the bad memories won't go away for good. I don't think I could trust another cop again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU. I MADE IT IT'S OWN POST HERE:

    [PA] What the stepson of ex-officer Turkos has to say -
    http://behindthebluewall.blogspot.com/2008/12/pa-what-stepson-of-ex-officer-turkos.html

    I WAS HOPING YOU'D SEE MY COMMENT AND SUBMIT IT. MRS. TURKOS IF YOU ARE ONLY WATCHING THIS POST, THERE ARE COMMENTS THAT CAME IN FOR YOU TODAY UNDER A PREVIOUS POST.

    TO SEE ALL TURKOS POSTS:
    http://behindthebluewall.blogspot.com/search?q=turkos

    ReplyDelete

Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.